USA HOCKEY COACHING SUMMARY INFORMATION:
What are the steps to become a USA Hockey Coach?
PLEASE NOTE – THE ITEMS BELOW MUST BE COMPLETED PRIOR TO BEING ALLOWED ON THE ICE/BENCH!
2018-2019 CYHA Coaching Requirements/Checklist
1) Register with USA Hockey as a Player/Coach for the 2018-2019 season.
- Register now
- CYHA will reimburse all rostered coaches for this cost after January 1.
- USA Hockey Registration is required to access the Age-Specific Modules
2) Get Screened / Check your screening with NYSAHA
At the bottom of the page are links to files showing expired and active screenings.
CYHA does not reimburse for this cost
3) Complete the necessary Age-Specific Module
- Must be completed before December 31 to continue coaching for rest of season.
- These modules are time consuming (~6 hours) so plan accordingly.
- Once begun, you have 30 days to complete the module
- CYHA does NOT reimburse for this cost
4) Complete SAFESPORT training.
5) Find a coaching clinic to attend if necessary
- Scroll down and search for an available clinic and register
- CYHA will reimburse for this cost after January 1, with receipt/proof of completion
- If you need to recertify your Level 3, see this link
- If attending Level 4, CYHA will only reimburse with PRIOR board approval
6) Complete the 2018-19 CYHA Coaches Application. Please MAIL the completed application to the address in the application.